Human Rights Week 2013
HUMAN RIGHTS WEEK 2013 is February 11th - 16th!
Advocates for Human Rights (AHR) is a committee of Campus Y dedicated to promoting the social justice and well-being of people around the world. The annual week-long human rights series promotes awareness and encourages discussion of social justice and injustice, and inspires activism. Human Rights Week 2013 is full of free events hosted by AHR and various co-sponsors at locations across campus, including:
- A debate and discussion of whether human rights are universal
- A screening of a new Frontline documentary on mental health care inside America's prisons
- Human Rights Week Keynote Speaker - former ACLU President Nadine Strosser
- A discussion of the economic and cultural effects of globalization
- A workshop on how to write an effectively lobby for immigration reform
- A photojournalism contest highlighting images that showcase/reflect social justice
Questions? Contact AHR Co-Chairs:
Advocates for Human Rights thanks our co-sponsors!