Workshops and Speakers
CUBE's series of workshops provide non-credit, interdisciplinary instruction in critical entrepreneurial skills for social entrepreneurs.
The workshop curriculum leverages the cutting-edge expertise of distinguished faculty subject-matter experts, social enterprise thought leaders and CEOs, renowned global philanthropists, and UNC-Chapel Hill alumni engaged in social innovation. The CUBE's unique partners include a Mentor-in-residence and Social Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
Topics have included:
- Risk reduction and liability issues
- Legal incorporation
- Perfecting the pitch
- Strategic business planning
- Grant writing
- Social media for social entrepreneurs
- Ethics in the social sector
- Creating company culture
- Human-centered design thinking
- Entrepreneurial finance and accounting
- Website development
- Perfecting your budget and entrepreneurial accounting 101
- Developing a partnership agreement
- Trademark law: what you need to know
- Digital marketing strategy
- Effective and creative leadership
- Lean startup for social good
- Teamwork and teambuilding
- Running an effective board
- Building smart partnerships
- Branding through graphic design
- Organizational messaging
- Marketing 101 for social ventures
- and many more!
These workshops and speaker events are designed to provide practical skills-building opportuniaties made accessible to Campus Y members, CUBE startup teams, and a wider audience of UNC's aspiring social entrepreneurs as well as to the public.